- 12 kg or 1kg Chicken wings note 1kg wing is enough for 2 people
- 240ml or 20ml per kg olive oil
- 300g or 25g per kg Blackened Cajun Spice Mix (NFF product)
- 1.6 litres or 130ml per kg BBQ Essence (NFF product)
Note the recipe can be multiplied or divided as required
- Rub wings with the olive oil
- Fry batches in large pot until light golden.
- Add BBQ essence and stir until well coated, cover with tight fitting lid and reduce heat to a very low
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Remove wings to a bowl
- The remaining stock needs to be cooked down to form the marinating sauce / glaze
- Turn up heat and reduce sauce by 50% to a thick coating consistency, stir regularly as the stock is reduced to sauce consistency.
- Pour sauce over the chicken wings and fold through.
- Cool and cover, then refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Spread wings on oiled oven dish. Do not pile the wings on each other.
- Spoon / baste all the sauce over the wings
- Sprinkle each wing well with Cajun Spice mix
- Bake at 180*c for 25 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and Japanese style pickled carrot (easy to make)
- Prepare for an OMG moment.