Time: 10 minutes
- 2 extra large eggs chilled
- 1 x 125g Red Capsicum Garnishing Pearls
- 1 x 265 Red Pepper Finishing Vinegar
- 1 thick slice of sour dough bread
- 30ml Extra Virgin olive oil ( I recommend Grampians Olive Co “Organic” or “Robust”
- Picked soft green herbs like tarragon, chives, or parsley
- Fill a small pot 100ml deep and bring to the boil,
- Note each egg requires 350ml of water, so it you are cooking 4 eggs you will need 1.4 litres
- Toast the bread to medium golden brown and drizzle with EV olive oil
- Once the water has boiled, reduce the heat on the pot so there are no bubbles rising in the water.
- Crack and lower each egg into the water and leave undisturbed for 2.5 minutes
- Place the toast onto warm plate
- Raise the egg with slotted spoon and check the whites are cooked, if they are transfer to toast
- If not, return to water for another 30 seconds
- Repeat with other eggs if you have cooked more than one egg.
- Top with the Red Capsicum Garnishing Pearls and the herbs
- Drizzle with the Red Pepper Finishing Vinegar and a little EV olive oil.
* Additions to this can be your favourite cheese, bacon, avocado, grilled asparagus, smoked salmon.