It has been so wonderful building our online presence this year. Our eclectic and beloved community is now bigger than ever. From home cooks and professionals to retirees and kids, we all sit as a shared table to celebrate good food and hospitality.
A couple big highlights for this year have been launching our ‘Creator of the Month’ competition where we get to see the amazing creations you whip up at home (check out #CreateWithNFF on instagram).
Also our ‘Fresh Fridays’ at the Factory – connecting with our Yamba locals over a new sweet treat each week has been both exciting and rewarding as we challenge ourselves to deliver new and quirky combinations to enjoy… If you’re ever in the area you’re always welcome to book in for a factory ‘Tour and Taste’ too!
All in all, this post is a thank you to every one of you who has supported us along the way. Your thoughts and feedback matter to us and we’d love to know what you’d like to see more of heading into 2017. Here’s to a great year!
Three years ago we started making videos of the Nicholson Fine Foods products and how best to use them. In the beginning we rolled the camera, recorded live image and sound, then patched together the final edit. Over time we played with different ideas, short 10 second videos, longer more elaborate ones, even a road trip version we called Yamba Prawn Road Trip.
Of late, we have started to do voice overs and shoot just my hands doing the preparation, cooking and presentation. This style is very clean and give us the opportunity to edit without the limitations of a prerecorded script.
The videos are hosted on YouTube and linked through to the website player on the home page. click here to see the YouTube channel.
I must say a big thank you to both Darcy and Bryce for all the work and passion they have put in to make this channel the best we can. Without these two, there wouldn’t be a channel at all.
You can subscribe to the channel, this lets you receive the latest updates as they are posted.
If you have a favorite video i would love to know.
Over the years many people have asked me “why did you choose Yamba?”
Well the answer is clean air, clean water and peace.
Years ago i visited an old friend who had moved to Yamba with his family. On that day, he suggested i jump in his work ute and he would show me around. Well off we went, past the marina, around to Turners beach, then up on the hill to the light house and then down to the Yamba Surf Life Saving Club on Main Beach. I looked at my friend and then at the green lawns which changed to golden sand and then into crystal blue ocean with rolling surf and said to him, you bugger, you never told me you moved to paradise!
It was 14 years later, but i eventually moved to our little slice of paradise.
For those unfamiliar with Yamba, it’s 2 hours by road, south of the New South Wales and Queensland border on the Pacific Ocean coastline.
Situated on the southern side of the Clarence River entrance, Yamba has an active commercial fishing fleet that catch the famous Yamba King prawn and lots of other seafood including shark, mullet, flathead, whiting, mackerel, tuna, jewfish, pearl perch and pilchards.
The township has a population of about 7,000 residents which grows to about 20,000 during peak tourist season.
Like many small coastal towns, Yamba faces many growth pressures, but the old Yamba can still be experienced in off season times with people smiling, waving and saying hello in the street.
Nicholson Fine Foods has a stall at our local monthly markets called the Yamba River Markets. We partner with 1ounce coffee, its a great way to connect with our local community.
The logistics of being located between the cities of SE Queensland and Sydney work well for us as we can ship overnight to many of our customers using our courier service.
Here’s a little look and cook video around Yamba click here
A few weeks ago my phone rang, it was the producer from Sydney weekender, a New South Wales based TV show hosted by Mike Whitney.
The producer said they were keen to come and film a “foodie tour” at Nicholson Fine Foods. I didn’t hesitate, and answered yes, yes, yes!
Over the next couple of weeks the Sydney Weekender office advised me on what they needed to film and when they were to arrive.
A few days prior, I did some planning on how best to present the products, food to prepare and the finished food layout.
We rounded up a few local kids who were keen to be on TV.
The film crew arrived around 3 PM to plates of fresh cut sandwiches and a cool drink, which they enjoyed greatly.
Dan an I had set the work room up for the shoot and the crew and director approved with some minor changes.
I showed the director my plans and prepared dishes, which met with a big tick, much to my relief.
Then it was camera rolling and action!
The crew were so professional and easy going. we just rolled with the various cooking tips and presentation pieces.
It was all over in a couple of hours.
I gave the crew a hamper each as a memento of their visit and then they were off. We all looked at each other and said what just happened! It all seemed like a dream.
Some weeks later the office called to advise the show was going to air on the next Sunday (25th September 2016). The excitement rose as the hour approached. I called, sms’d and emailed everyone I could to advise the show was on air.
Wow! what a job the crew had done. The editing told a great story, Mikes voice over was perfect and everyone had their little moment of glory.
Mike is gregarious personality with an engaging manner and famous for his cricketing career representing Australia and his home state of New South Wales.
A huge thank you to all the crew from Sydney Weekender, you made it so easy.
2. Comment the answers to 3 easy questions we have posted
DAY FOUR QUESTIONS (last day!):
1. Which gift hamper from the Online Store would you most like to have under the tree this Christmas?
2. What are 3 interesting facts about our BioBurger?
3. When did you first discover Nicholson Fine Foods?
3. Tag a friend and/or share to double your chances!
Wishing you good luck and a Merry Christmas, Peter and the NFF team
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion starts at 2pm AEDT on Friday 11th December 2015 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Monday 14th December 2015. No entries will be accepted after this time.
2. To enter, you must follow the Nicholson Fine Foods Facebook or Instagram page and comment with the correct answers for each day’s corresponding questions
3. You can enter each day, however daily winners are unable to enter again for an additional daily prize throughout the week.
4. All eligible entries will be judged by our representatives before being placed into a draw. Daily draws will take place at ¼ Mooli Place Yamba, NSW, during the competition period. Entries will be judged on their correct answers before being placed into a draw.
5. The prize is 4x Nicholson Fine Foods Xmas hampers valued at $59AUD each The total prize pool is approximately $236AUD.
6. Winner(s) names will be published on our social media pages on or around Tuesday 15th December 2015.17. To claim your prize, you must follow the instructions set out in the notification message we send to you telling you that you’re a winner. This includes providing verification information regarding your entry, if requested by us. We will make reasonable efforts to contact you, but if you’ve not claimed your prize by the prize claim date (15/12/15), it will be forfeited, and no other prize or cash alternative will be offered.
8. As the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook or Instagram platforms:
a. You acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
b. You acknowledge that any information you provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to us (as the Promoter) and not to Facebook or Instagram.
c. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to us (as the Promoter), and not to Facebook or Instagram.
d. You release Facebook, Instagram and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
10. We and our associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
Free shipping in Australia for orders above $55.00 - online payment using paypal or phone orders using eftpos with MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club - no transaction charges. Dismiss